Here is a simplified version of character creation. Follow each link to see all of your options in. You also have a pool of 10 Destiny Points you can spend at various steps. Don’t worry if you don’t spend them all, they’ll be converted into XP you can spend after the first session.
- Concept and Name
- External Style: This is the way you fight, your form, the weapons you are trained with and the passive abilities it grants you. Pick one of the available options at External Style Starting Options to start with for free.
- Pick a weapon that you fight with. It should match one of the weapon types that match your External Style. Weapon Types.
- Internal Style: A true master fights not just with their body, but with their Chi. The internal style shows how yo shape and direct that chi in combat. Select one of the Internal Style Starting Options.
- Factions offer connections to the world. Each faction has some information, and some secret techniques they share with their disciples.
- Archetypes represent what type of mastery you have. There are 5 types, Warriors, Doctors, Priests, Courtiers, and Protectionists. Each has their own secret art. Each also has some advanced options you can spend DP on.
- Skills show how good you are in various non-combat situations. Take a look at the link to see how you can spend your skill points. If you want, you can spend DP to get a few extra skill points.
- Disadvantages problems that might come up in play. Select up to two for yourself. They will make your character’s life harder, but more interesting. Every time the disadvantage comes up, you’ll gain some Joss, and maybe some XP. #Finally, we just have a few numbers to calculate. Chi and Chi Thresholds will walk you through it.